The Canadian Football League is crazy. I watched some this weekend because it was football and I thought it would quench that need to see football played. It didn't. It is just too different from the NFL and college football. There are three downs instead of four. All of the skill positions players on offense can move before the snap except the quarterback. The field goal post is at the front of the end zone. You get one point if you miss a field goal attempt. It was just too different for me to feel comfortable with what I was watching.
You cannot eat sunflower seeds for dinner.
I didn't think that football started until practice began but turns out it starts with media days. Press conferences are fun especially in the SEC.
If a bar has a line out the front and it's so crowded that there is a one in-one out policy in effect then its probably going to take too long to get in. Pack it in and go home early because that crappy bar is not worth it.
I watched the CFL on ESPN3.com, which is full of sports that couldn't make it on any of the real ESPN channels. Also on this weekend was the Men's slow pitch softball championship between USA and Canada. I tuned in for an inning. Looking through the archives on the site you could go back and watch the 8th Grade Boy's AAU Championship and Australian Rules Football. Those 8th grade boys played a more fundamental basketball game than I will ever play and Australian Rules Football is one of the most interesting sports you will ever watch.
Don't go see "Friends with Benefits" with your mom.
In six weekends we will be watching college football.
I didn't know until Sunday night that Dontrelle Willis still played baseball. A quick look at his Wikipedia page showed that he hadn't played in the Major Leagues since July 4, 2010 until he was called up by the Reds on July 10 of this year. I remember him being fun to watch while he was with the Marlins but his career took an odd turn when he was with the Detroit Tigers and was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. He pitched well Sunday night given up 3 runs in 6 1/3 innings pitched. Good for him and I hope he can get back into his career as Major League pitcher.
Thank you for your continued support of The Sports' Party. The A.V. Club has a series of covers they have been putting out. I suggest you take a listen.


No comments:
Post a Comment