Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Night Lights

The goal of this site is to write about sports, not to talk about my personal life but sometimes those two things intersect. In about an hour I will leave the house I moved into today and go to Fred T. Foard High School in Newton, North Carolina. Tonight the Fred T. Foard Tigers are playing the North Lincoln Knights at 7:30 and someone has to be there to cover the game. That person is me.

I am excited, a little nervous, but mainly excited. I haven't been to a high school football game in about five years and I am sure I never looked forward to one as much as I do the game tonight. It's crazy to think that on Monday I will have a piece published in an actual newspaper. It won't be anything flashy, just a basic game story, but it will have my name and possibly my picture above it.

Things are moving at a crazy speed right now. I moved today, I start work today and I start going to school full-time next week for the first time in a few years but this is all so much fun. I'm getting to do the things I am passionate about and that seems to make everything easier. And even with everything moving so quickly I am happy to stop, take a moment, and recognize how fun this all is.


1 comment:

  1. So happy for you and glad you have this opportunity to do what you love! You will do well! Congrats and keep having fun.

    ReplyDelete