FSU's Nike Pro Combat Helmet
Over the last few years Nike has introduced their Pro Combat line by unveiling new jerseys for select universities. Nike has used Virginia Tech, Florida, TCU, Ohio State, Michigan and several other universities to show off this new equipment. But my favorite piece from all the different universities is the helmet FSU wore last year for their Pro Combat jerseys. The design of the helmet looks great, the spear looks amazing, and I really like the all-black helmet. The rest of the jersey was nice but this helmet was really my favorite piece.
Virginia Tech's White Helmet
Virginia Tech unveiled these a few seasons ago and they quickly became my favorite helmet the team has worn the last few years. Very simple white helmet with an orange state of Virginia and TECH written out in maroon.
Golden State's Throwback Jersey
I really enjoy this jersey and this is probably my favorite NBA throwback. Nice color scheme with the blue and yellow and I love the state of California with the star over Oakland.
Oklahoma City's Jerseys
I really just like simple, basic jerseys and this is a perfect example. Logo's can be done well, as in the Golden State throwback, but this jersey has no logo, just the name of the city. Orange and blue are two colors many would assume that would work together but the small orange trim really works on this jersey.
Washington Wizards 2011 Jerseys
The NBA team in our nation's capital needs to be wearing red, white and blue and (maybe) this year the Wizards will be doing just that. They will actually be wearing jerseys very similar to the Washington Bullets, which was the name of the franchise until the late 90s. My patriotism swells just by looking at John Wall. The Wizards made a great choice by going back to these jerseys.
Old Pittsburgh Pirate's Hat
I can't wear baseball hats they just make me look funny. It wouldn't be as bad if all hats looked like the ones that the Pirates used to wear. The hats were deep, most likely to keep afros underneath them, and didn't seem to fit anyone correctly. But they looked cool and the Pirates were able to win the World Series in those hats in 1979 so maybe it's time to bring them back.
If you have another favorite jersey throw it down in the comment section. There have been a lot of great jerseys over the years so I know I missed some classics.






No comments:
Post a Comment