Friday, August 5, 2011

One Month Anniversary!!

One month ago my friend Drew threw out the name The Sports Party on twitter and I realized I finally had my blog name. I have spent the last few years dreaming about writing about sports and in the span of just a few days I got a job doing game stories for high school football and started this blog. Exciting times for a young writer.

Even more exciting is the next few weeks and months with this blog. The college football preview starts on Monday(!!!) and there is a plan to begin a podcast shortly after that. I have even looked into the possibility of having a live chat during a big college or NFL game. I would love for the comments section to become big on the site as well and I will do my best to give better articles to discuss.

I want to thank everyone for continuing to support The Sports Party. I would still probably do this if no one was reading but it helps knowing that people are reading what I have to say. I want to publicly thank Mitch Cumstein  for writing on the blog a few times when I wasn't able and for allowing me to pester him with questions about the blog. I've told him before and I will say it again the first dollar I get paid writing about sports is his.

Come back Monday to usher in the start of college football coverage. Enjoy your weekend folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment