Monday, February 27, 2012

Welcome Us Back!! or (The One Where I Get Way too Personal)

The Sports Party has been on a hiatus. Those of you who follow me on Twitter (@chrislaprade1) and on Facebook might have been happy not to see my announcements everyday. Others of you, at least I hope so, missed being able to read and listen to our thoughts on an almost daily basis. Well for that group WE ARE BACK!

Starting today we will begin posting articles on the site again. Mitch and Pat are both coming back in some capacity to be a part of the blog. At the same time I am looking for other people that want to be a part of the site. If you have any interest in this, email me at thesportsparty@gmail.com. I am looking for people that can write, be guest on the podcast or if you want to be apart of the site in anyway just get in touch with me.

Next thing I want to talk about is the podcast. I'll be changing up the style of the podcast, moving it to once a week, and just trying out some different things until we (you and I) can find something we really enjoy. The podcast won't get started for a few weeks but it will be back, but most likely not on iTunes (Sorry).

OK, now I want to get to why the Sports Party hasn't posted anything in over two months. Over the end of last semester I started having panic attacks at school. This was not something I had encountered before and honestly didn't know how to handle it. I didn't tell anyone, I didn't see a doctor, I didn't even tell my family. In turn these panic attacks caused me to become depressed. (I actually hate using the word depressed and most of the time say bummed or down) Over the last three or four months I have finally let my family know what is going on and began to seek the medical advice that I need to get through this period in my life. Everyday isn't easy and everyday isn't some depressing, gloomy day where I sit in a dark room on my computer, actually most are somewhere inbetween. The panic attacks are less frequent and I am at a point where I manage them much better. Doctors are working to find the right set of medicines to help me feel better. And with help from my family and friends I continue to move in a direction where I feel more like myself.

Before this started I loved writing on the site, loved setting up podcast and chatting with great friends about my greatest passion, sports. As the panic attacks started and the depression became an issue, I could not find the passion to keep this blog going. I tried but it became hard and felt more like work than it should. After awhile I just left the site alone. But now as things are beginning to turn around my passion for sports and expressing my opinion on sports has returned quickly.

For those of you who were coming to the site daily I apologize for the break. We had what I felt was a good following, that was also growing. I hope that we can bring you back in without thinking that the content will just stop again in a few weeks.

I didn't write that for sympathy or anything like that. I wrote it because that's the best way I can express myself and expressing myself is something I needed to do. I also wrote this for the fans of this site to explain what happened and I hope that it came through well.

So we are back, I have post that will go up this afternoon about All Star weekend (one of my favorite weekends of the year). Pat and Mitch both have articles that are going up later this week. So stay tuned and welcome back to the Sports Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment